DIY honey home remedies
Way before sugar came into play, honey was used a natural sweetener. The raw honey is much more healthy than the processed sugar or the ‘golden honey’ found on the shelves. There are a few facts about honey you might not be aware of. They include:
- Honey can be used for cough treatment. Honey has been listed as ‘demulcent’ by the WHO. This is a substance that can relieve irritation in the throat or mouth by forming a protective film.
- Honey helps your scalp. Using warm water, you can dilute honey thus improving serborrheic dermatitis, a scalp condition that causes itching and dandruff.
- Boosting energy levels. A quick and natural way to boost your energy is taking honey. Raw honey can be effective in proving sufficient energy for longer.
- Honey can be used to treat wounds. Honey is a conventional therapy for fighting infections. It has antibacterial, antioxidants and antifungal properties that make it effective in wound treatment.
- Honey is effective for reduction of allergy symptoms. The raw honey that has been made by bees picking pollen grains is known to activate the immune system. This, over time, works to build up the natural immunity thus managing allergic reactions.
Some quick but effective honey home remedies
Honey attracts and retains moisture. It is thus a humectant. This makes it ideal for making moisturizers, conditioners, and shampoo. Honey can be used for home remedies due to the antimicrobial properties. The following are the 3 common DIY honey remedies:
- Honey Almond Scrub – take 3 teaspoons of honey, 1 for olive oil and 6.5 tablespoons of fine almonds and mix them. You can rub the exfoliating scrub onto the face gently and use warm water to rinse it out. It works to treat the face skin issues like acne.
- Honey Body Moisturizer – mix 5 tablespoons of honey with 2 for rose oil together with 2 cups of almond oil. This should be in a medium-sized bottle. For skin treatment, apply the mixture onto wet skin as needed for effective skin results.
- Honey Hair Conditioner – take a half cup of honey and mix with a quarter cup of olive oil. Take a small amount and work it on your hair until it is coated. Using a shower cap, cover your hair and take a rest for like 30 minutes. Use normal shampoo and rinse it out for the perfect hair conditioning.
You do not need much skill to use honey for your own honey remedies. Follow the above steps for a perfect DIY home honey remedy!